AfricaBusinessEconomy

Zimbabwe To Apply For BRICS Membership

As Zimbabwe navigates its path toward economic revitalization and global integration, the Southern African nation has set its sights on joining BRICS, an influential bloc of emerging economies consisting of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. Zimbabwe’s potential membership in BRICS represents a strategic move that could significantly enhance its economic prospects and elevate its…
Read more
AfricaBusinessEconomy

The Major Russian bank to revive South African refinery

In a significant development for South Africa’s energy sector, a major Russian bank has announced plans to invest in reviving the country’s defunct refinery infrastructure. This strategic move comes at a time when South Africa is grappling with energy shortages and a pressing need to enhance its refining capacity to meet domestic fuel demands. The Russian bank in question…
Read more
AfricaBusinessEconomy

Report: Shell is planning to leave South Africa.

The Sunday Times and City Press have two reports claiming that the petrochemical behemoth Shell intends to leave South Africa. The international firm will sell its 72% share in Shell Downstream South Africa, according to reports quoting sources connected to Shell’s BEE partner in South Africa, Thebe Investments. Conflict about the worth of Thebe’s remaining 28% interest in the…
Read more
AfricaBusinessPolitics

Ethiopia will allow foreigners to buy real estate – PM

The recent announcement by Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed to permit foreign nationals to buy real estate in Ethiopia marks a significant shift in the country’s economic policies. This move, along with other proposed reforms, aims to attract foreign investment, stimulate economic growth, and address the nation’s economic challenges. Ethiopia, with its population of approximately 120…
Read more
AfricaBusinessEconomy

India strengthens bilateral trade with Tanzanian

Indian External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar hailed bilateral trade during a visit to the African country Exclusive News India remains the biggest destination for Tanzanian exports, External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar has said. New Delhi’s top diplomat is concluding a four-day visit to the African country dedicated to issues of economic cooperation, according…
Read more
AfricaBusinessEconomy

Nigeria is world’s most crypto-savvy

Many are surprised at the result due to Nigeria’s status as a Third World nation, digital currency analysts told RT Exclusive News Nigeria is leading the pack in terms of cryptocurrency awareness, a recent survey conducted by the private blockchain software company ConsenSys and YouGov has found. The study, which polled more than 15,158 people in 15 countries, showed that 92% of the…
Read more